Saturday, August 1, 2015

My vampire romance series is finished--finally!

      Blood & Company was many years in the making.  It was with relief and joy that I published the final book, Brothers of the Night, on July 20.  The novel wraps up the story of the Slater clan, vampire-human hybrids living in Lincoln Park, Chicago.

     In Old Town Nights, Book 1, we meet Ambrose Slater and Abby Lawrence, the woman he's set his sights on.  We learn about him and his quirky family, who owns two successful bakeries--one in Old Town and the other in Lincoln Square.  Despite his deception, Abby falls in love with Ambrose. She watches, with distress, as his brother Stefan's marriage to a regular woman falls apart.  After that, complications ensue...with one serious repercussion after another.

     In Sisters of the Night, Book 2, we meet the ladies: Juliana, who is Ambrose's cousin; Emaline, his former "bite buddy"; and Gretchen, who used to date his cousin Lance. The story revolves around the three friends and the men they love--Chad, Garrett, and Bertram. Two are "regular guys," and one is a vampire.   We experience the challenges of being female vampires from the women's perspectives.

     In New England Nights, Book 3, we meet Geoff Hammond and Norah Sheridan.  Norah comes into Geoff's life at a time when he needs someone most.  In this novel, we take a jaunt to Connecticut, where our "artsy vampires" live.  The third novel connects to the fourth in a special way.  Characters from this story and the previous books have a profound effect on one another's lives.

     In Brothers of the Night, Book 4, we meet Herschel and Trudy Kohler, who run a resort in Traverse City, Michigan.  Trudy thinks they have a marriage of convenience--that her vampire husband is only interested in one thing.  After Herschel's mother dies, Trudy learns the terrible secret he's hidden from her...a secret that forever changes not only their lives but also Stefan Slater's.  The main players from all four novels reappear.
     This series was an incredible journey for me.  When I wrote Old Town Nights, I had no idea the first book would give birth to three more!  But new characters kept suggesting themselves to me, and a mystery needed to be solved.  All told, I worked ten years on the Blood & Company Series--which, incidentally, started out as a short story I wrote two decades ago.
     If you like traditional vampire stories with werewolves, shape-shifters, angels, demons, and witches, then this is not the series for you. However, if you enjoy stories with unusual characters and quirky families and friends, you might enjoy Blood & Company. Old Town Nights is only .99.  I priced the other three eBooks at $1.99, figuring that a "boxed set" for $6.96 was a pretty good deal.
      I'm pleased to say that two of the books, Old Town Nights and New England Nights, made it to the number one positions on Goodreads' Listopia for the categories "Most Addictive Vampire Romances" and "Yummy Adult Paranormal Romance Books."
     As an indie author, it's tough getting the word out about my books--as every other indie will attest to.  I seldom self-promote, but I thought I'd use the beginning of August to "pimp my vampire romance series."
     To learn more about me, please visit http://www.lindaleewilliams.com.
     If you'd like to read a character interview with Herschel Kohler, please visit: http://marielavender.blogspot.com/2015/07/a-character-interview-with-herschel.html.
     Thanks for reading my blog post. Comments and shares are always appreciated!
     Best wishes,
     Linda


28 comments:

  1. I really truly have enjoyed this series so much. It is an incredibly imaginative journey. But Geoff and Nora really slammed into my heart. I'm so glad you wrote these. Believe me, with the amount of stuff I read on a weekly basis, to have the plots stick with me as these have, they are memorable. Great job. Excellent work, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherime. Geoff and Nora struck a chord with me, too. I grew quite attached to all the characters during the decade it took to write the series. I hope that their lives continue on happily...without me.

      Delete
  2. That first book seems to have legs to become a second and third and fourth. Kudos to you for keeping it fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Polly. It was one of those things that just "had to be written." I guess you could say I was possessed!

      Delete
  3. I'm reading the last book of this wonderful series right now. I DON'T WANT IT TO END! Thank you Linda for giving me hours and hours of entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aubree, I'm pleased and humbled that you liked the series so much. Your enthusiasm heartens me! Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on finishing your series, Linda! The books sound lovely. I wish you tremendous success. Keep promoting and keep believing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Frossie! Your support means a lot to me...

      Delete
  5. Go ahead and pimp those books, Linda, they sound like really good reads! Congrats on finishing up the series. Wow. Twenty years in the making. I have a couple on my Kindle and I'll have to read them to catch up with the latest one. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind words and support, Abby. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on completing your series! I'm off to go download book one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorena! I hope you enjoy the first book in the series, which introduces the Slaters. :)

      Delete
  7. Vampire-human hybrids living in Lincoln Park??? I just had dinner in Lincoln Park last night. I didn't see any. I'll have to be more on the look-out! Good luck with the series--it sounds fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could be your "next-door neighbors," Florence...and you'd never know!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on the series final. I guess you're sad and happy at the same time, huh? :)

    DaleFurse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mixed emotions as always...but I'm ready to move on. Thanks for commenting, Dale.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a great series...more books for my TBR pile!! Congrats and best of luck with them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on finishing your series? What's next? I've got Old Town Nights on my Kindle and am looking forward to reading it.
    Mary Smith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I hope you enjoy Old Town Nights. Currently, I'm writing a novella for Christmas and working on a novel about reincarnation.

      Delete
  11. The series sounds great! Looking forward to reading. Thanks Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The series sounds awesome!!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the sound of the series, AJ! Appreciate your comments.

      Delete
  13. Lovely post, Linda! Ending a series is always a little bittersweet. I love this series, though, and I have no doubt that you'll become a household name in no time! You're awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean like Arm & Hammer Baking Soda? LOL! Seriously, thanks for your kind words and your support, Marie. Coming from you, it means a lot! I'm glad you enjoyed the post.

      Delete